With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I thought it’d be good to share a few DIY tutorials to impress Mom! If you’re not the crafty type, don’t leave just yet! I’ve sprinkled in some made-by-someone-else gifts you can order.
On that note, check out what’s in the resliced shop on Etsy. Use the code “ILOVEMOM” for 15% off any order over $25 thru Mother’s Day!
For all you crafty kids, try these:
- Has your Mom already started planting her spring garden? Whip up some of this easy-breezy hand scrub for her. Search your cupboard for a glass jar with a screw on lid (got an empty salsa jar? There ya go). Follow this tutorial to remove the label, spray paint the lid, fill the jar with your scrub and add a cute ribbon. Boom. You’ve got a fancy (eco-friendly & affordable!) gift that’ll make Mom’s hands silky smooth.
- If your Mom is breaking down stereotypes by remaining on the cutting edge of technology, stitch up this simple two-toned felt sleeve for her iPad or tablet.
- For the Mom whose kitchen is as chic as the food is tasty, make her a no-sew monogram tea towel.
If you’re feeling busy or a little less crafty, here are some made-by-someone-else gifts that I highly recommend:
- Whether you’re sending it snail mail or personal delivery, don’t forget to pick Mom out a heartfelt card! Check out some of my favorites from Julie Ann Art.
- If your Mom prefers jewelry, Miss Ashley’s Jewelry has you covered! I met Ashley at the very first (ever!) craft show that resliced participated in. Ashley is a military wife & very talented jewelry artist (follow her on Facebook and you’ll see what I mean!). My favorite is this heart necklace.
- My sister & I met Katy from Little Red Flag at Crafty Feast. I picked up this beautiful gold leaf state print (South Carolina) for myself and later ordered a matching print of Georgia for my husband. Katy’s prints are high quality and very affordable – she’s also super nice & easy to work with! Why not order Mom a print, mat it (I used a few pieces of double sided tape to attach mine to a piece of glitter scrapbook paper) and frame it? You get partial credit for the DIY’ing! 😉
What are you planning to make or buy your Mom on Mother’s Day? Do you have any cool traditions? Share them below!